Meeting Minutes for February 24th 2010
• Welcome Members/Visitors:
Kathy Garbe, Esquire Motors; Liz Dally, Hawthorne Auto Clinic Inc.; Terica Devoreh-Spratt, Hawthorne Auto Clinic Inc.; Betty Kendall, retired instructor PCC; June Boone, retired Hawthorne Auto Clinic Inc.; Norma Holcombe, Sherwood Automotive; Shari Troyer, Just Right Automotive
• Fundraising projects
- April 30th and May 1st Women in Trades Fair, Sarah and Dawn are organizing. They will be working on an exciting booth and fun workshop for the students.
We need volunteers! Please contact us to sign up for either day.
- May 8th, Plant and rummage sale to be held at Hawthorne Auto Clinic, please contact us for rummage sale donations drop off etc. We will also be offering to make up planter boxes and a group will go out to businesses to plant. Start time is 8am-3pm, set up time starts at 7am!
- Sept 11th (tentative) Summer concert – Margaret is working with PCC to coordinate the event. More to report later, may need to find a new venue.
- More ideas???? If anyone has an idea for a fundraiser this year, please contact us! We’d love to hear from you!
- April 17the (tentative) - Girl Scout Merit badge class. Becky was out of town, more to report at next meeting
- Car Care Class – Sarah will be working on a standardized curriculum for this workshop and is working on ways to promote it by working with other organizations, such as CarHelp.
More info to follow….
- Website report – The meeting minutes will be available and Sarah is working on putting together an online calendar of events. Be sure to check out the myspace page and blog page!!!!
- Mentoring program – Betty has been talking to PCC students and is gathering a list of students that we will invite to the next meeting. She will work on a letter to send to students or potential members
• Treasury Update
- Margaret was not present, will get update next month
• New Business
- Annual dues are due!! Thank you to all for the continued support! If you have not paid the dues yet, please send the $35 dues to Margaret, fill out the form and mail a check.
• Next Meeting is March 31st at Reborn Automotive 1800 SE MLK, 503-231-4947
We hope to see everyone at the next meeting to help organize fundraisers, share new ideas and especially to have lots of FUN!!!!!